Tuesday, February 18, 2014

birth story part 2

The moment I heard your cry, my life changed.
No other words could come close to describe that moment.
It simply changed.
 

 
  You were so little (much smaller than what the doctor predicted)
 and had this nasty stuff all over you,
but you were so perfect.
You had a tiny amount of hair, but I remember my first words were
"she has hair!!!!"
 
Your cry sounded like a dying donkey,
but it was the most beautiful sound in the world!
I remember just looking at you and smiling. 
I don't remember what I was exactly thinking...
but I know I was in all of you.

 
The moment they placed you on my chest,
I realized my heart was no longer inside of me.
It was in your tiny little hands.

 
 
I couldn't stop looking at you! 
You were absolutely the prettiest thing I had ever seen.
 
One of my favorite memories of the first minutes of your new life
was smelling your baby breath.
Call me weird, but it was the sweetest smell.
A smell I will never forget.
Your skin was so wrinkly and soft.
It felt like nothing I have ever felt before.
Your fingers and toes.. perfection!
Everything about your 7lb self was perfect.
 
At one point the nurse asked me if I wanted to let people start coming back.  I simply said no.  I wanted all the time to myself with you.  All I would let her tell the family in the waiting room was that you were born and we were okay.  I just needed time with you. 
Time to hold you.
Time to love on you.
Time to look you over from head to toe.
Time to thank God for you.


Before long though, your GG busted up in there. 
She had waited long enough and if it meant taking down the nurse, she was coming back there to check on us. 
Sharing you with friends and family sucked.
All I wanted was you in my arms and a freakin sandwich.
 
 
That night everyone told me to let you go back to the nursery so I could sleep.  
That didn't happen!!!
I held you all night long.
Literally!

 
We also gave breastfeeding a go that night.
You were stubborn from day one.
You were determined not to latch on.
And I was determined to make you.
It was a long night, but a great night.
 
 
Then morning came and I had to share you again.
I loved seeing all my friends and family love on you.
You were so content letting them pass you around.
Every second I fell in deep love with you.



You, my child, changed me.
It didn't take a day, or a few weeks.
It took one second.
 
You showed me the meaning of love.
Of unconditional love.
You showed me what life was all about.
You gave me a purpose to live.
Hope.
You made me a better person.
A stronger person.
You made me a MOM!
And that's something I will cherish until my last breath.
 
 
Brilee Paige, my world is simply you. 
January 19th, 2012 made me who I am.
There is no greater love than the love I have for you.
Thank you for loving me.
And thank you God for blessing me with this day.
A day that changed me.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment