Wednesday, February 19, 2014

we have a hunter after all

If you met me during or after college, you probably don't think of me as a girly girl. 
Probably because I'm far from being a girly girl. 
The thought of putting make-up on and fixing my hair daily... just doesn't sound appealing.
The thought of dressing up sounds even worse.
But I wouldn't say I'm a country girl either.
I mean, hunting (every now and then) is okay.  Fishing is alright.  Camping, if there is electricity is fine. 
Give me a book, a pair of chucks, jeans and a t-shirt..
now that's me.
Simple.


 But if you knew me in my younger days...
then you know if you looked up "girly girl" in the dictionary
you found ME!!!
Paislee, my niece, is nothing compared to how I use to be.
 
 
My family loves telling stories about me stuffing my shirt so I could have boobies at the young age of like four. 
Playing dress up, acting like I was a mom, wearing make-up, having my hair done were just some of the things I use to love to do.
Matter of fact, I use to embarrass my mom by telling strangers they didn't match.
Around fourth grade, my mother taught me how to iron because she couldn't iron my clothes the right way.
Now, I don't even know what an iron is!!!!
 
Kinda like the picture my sister posted on facebook a few days ago..
the bigger the hair the closer to God.
That was my outlook on life when I was young.


And even though now I'm not girly....
I always figured my daughter would be.
I mean, that's how I was at one point.
WRONG!!!
My daughter is straight up country.
 
There is nothing girly, princess, glittery, sweet and soft about her.
She is rough, tough, and 100% tomboy.
 
Example.
The other night she was taking a bath and obviously had some gas.
What happens when you toot in the bathtub?
It makes bubbles.
Well, she thought that was the funniest thing ever.
I didn't act like it was a big deal because I'm sure all 2 year olds think it's funny. 
But then she said...
"mother (yes she calls me mother...) I farted."
I ignored her.
"mother, I farted and bubbles came out."
ignoring.
"mother, I FARTED and LIKED it."
what the hell????

Another example.
Today was such a pretty day so I figured I would take her to the park.
She loves the park!
After the park we went and got some ice-cream.
Then on the way home I needed to run by the store to grab some stuff for dinner.
I told her that she could pick out one prize, any prize she wanted.
We saw dolls, play jewelry and clothes, stickers, make-up, etc.
No, she grabbed the pop gun!
I said..
"you sure you want the gun?"
Her reply..
"I shoot deer!!!"

Needless to say, we got the gun.
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment